Morning Glory muffins made with all kinds of goodness: apple, carrot, coconut, walnuts, dried cranberries. But without any wheat or other grains.
Grain-Free Morning Glory Muffins
- 2 cups 240 g almond flour
- 1 cup 128 g tapioca starch
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 2 tsp cinnamon
- 3 eggs room temperature
- 1 small container apple sauce 11g/3.9oz
- 1/3 cup honey
- 1/4 cup melted butter
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 1 cup grated carrot
- 1 cup grated apple
- 1 cup unsweetened flakes or shredded coconut
- 1/2 cup chopped walnuts
- 1/2 cup dried cranberries or raisins
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Mix dry ingredients in a large bowl.
- In another bowl, whisk eggs, whisk in apple sauce, honey, melted butter and vanilla.
- Make a well in the dry Ingredients, add wet ingredients and whisk to combine.
- Stir in carrot, apple, coconut and cranberries.
- Spoon into greased or paper lined muffin tins. Bake at 350 for 30-35 min.
I always make these in my mini-loaf muffin pan, which makes 8 muffins, but you can also use a regular 12 muffin tin.