I love these pumpkin muffins and always made them after Thanksgiving when I had leftover pumpkin puree from making pie. And while I could easily make them gluten-free by substituting gluten-free flour I do try to limit grains as well as processed sugar, so I came up with this grain-free version.
Grain-free Pumpkin Muffins
- 240 grams almond flour
- 128 grams tapioca flour
- 1 tablespoon collagen peptides
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 2 teaspoons cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon ginger
- 1/2 teaspoon cloves
- 2 teaspoons cocoa
- 3 eggs room temperature
- 1 cup pumpkin puree fresh or canned
- 1/4 cup coconut oil melted
- 1/3 cup maple syrup
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1/2 cup coarsely chopped walnuts
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- In a large bowl combine almond and tapioca flours, collagen peptides, baking soda, salt, spices and cocoa. Whisk to combine.
- In another bowl, whisk eggs. Stir in pumpkin, coconut oil and maple syrup. Whisk to combine. Stir in vanilla.
- Add egg mixture to flour mixture and stir to combine. Stir in walnuts.
- Spoon into greased or paper lined muffin tins.
- Bake in preheated oven for 30 to 35 minutes.