I enjoy a nice cornmeal muffin for breakfast, and this is a tasty gluten-free version. As an added bonus, it uses honey in place of processed sugar. I also make them with maple syrup in place of the honey, although then of course they are not “honey” cornbread muffins any more – but they are still excellent! I use this gluten-free all purpose flour blend in this recipe.
Gluten-Free Honey Cornbread Muffins
- 1/4 cup butter melted
- 1 1/4 cups gluten-free all purpose flour
- 3/4 cup cornmeal
- 1 1/2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 2 large eggs
- 1 cup buttermilk
- 1/3 cup honey
- Heat oven to 375 degrees F. Spray muffin tin with spray oil.
- In a medium bowl, combine flour, cornmeal, baking powder, baking soda and salt. Stir to combine.
- In a large bowl, whisk eggs. Add buttermilk, honey and melted butter, and whisk to combine.
- Add the flour mixture to the wet ingredients and stir to combine.
- Divide batter into muffin cups. Bake for 30 to 35 minutes, until golden brown.