A tasty gluten-free muffin that is sweetened with maple syrup – no refined sugar. This recipe was developed and tested using my gluten-free all purpose flour blend.
Gluten-Free Maple Oat Walnut Muffins
- 1 cup gluten-free all purpose flour
- 1/2 cup gluten-free oat flour
- 1 cup gluten-free quick rolled oats
- 2 1/2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 tablespoon cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 2 eggs
- 1 cup buttermilk
- 1/2 cup maple syrup
- 1/4 cup melted butter
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 cup chopped walnuts
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F. Grease muffin pans or line with paper liners.
- In a large bowl, mix all purpose and oat flours, rolled oats, baking powder, baking soda, cinnamon and salt.
- In another bowl, beat eggs. Stir in buttermilk, maple syrup, melted butter and vanilla.
- Add wet ingredients to dry ingredients and stir to combine. Fold in chopped walnuts.
- Spoon batter into prepared muffin tins. Bake in preheated oven for about 20 minutes.
- Allow muffins to cool and then remove from muffin tins.