A delicious banana muffin that is gluten-free and sweetened with maple syrup. The recipe has been tested using my gluten-free flour blend.
Gluten-Free Banana Nut Muffins
- 3 ripe bananas 1 cup mashed
- 1/2 cup maple syrup
- 6 tablespoons butter melted
- 1/4 cup milk
- 2 eggs room temperature
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 3/4 cups gluten-free all purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/3 cup ground flax seed
- 3/4 cup coarsely chopped walnuts
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Grease muffin tins or line with paper.
- In mixer bowl, add bananas, butter and maple syrup. Beat until smooth.
- Add eggs and milk and beat again until combined. Stir in vanilla.
- In a small bowl, mix together flour, baking powder, baking soda, salt and cinnamon. Add to wet ingredients in mixer bowl, and beat until smooth.
- Add ground flax seed and walnuts, and mix briefly to combine.
- Spoon batter into prepared muffin tins. Bake in preheated oven for 20-25 minutes.