Lemon curd is a yummy spread that can be used in many ways: as a cake filling, tart filling, base for other desserts, spread on toast, or just by the spoonful! The “traditional” way to make it is to cook and stir on the stove until thickened. When I got my Instant Pot, I discovered (like most things Instant Pot) it was so easy to make in the Instant Pot. Then, I got a Vitamix… and whoah, easier and faster still! Of course the traditional recipe uses a lot of white sugar, so I have “healthified” it by using honey. You can also use a non-dairy option in place of butter if required.
- Pressure cooker (option 1)
- High speed blender (e.g. Vitamix, option 2)
- 3 eggs large
- 1/2 cup honey
- 1/2 cup lemon juice
- 2 tsp finely grated lemon rind optional
- 1/3 cup melted butter or non-dairy alternative
Instant Pot Directions
- Add all ingredients to 4 cup Pyrex measuring cup, or other oven safe bowl or pot. Mix together with immersion blender or whisk.
- Add 1 1/2 cups water to Instant Pot, place measuring cup on trivet, close the lid and set for 15 minutes, high pressure. When it beeps that it is done, wait 10 minutes natural pressure release (NPR). After 10 minutes, open the steam release valve if required to release any remaining pressure. Open the lid and remove the measuring cup.
- Mix with immersion blender until smooth. Refrigerate, and enjoy as desired.
- Add all ingredients to Vitamix. Start at Variable 1 and increase to Variable 10. Blend for 5 minutes. You will see steam start to come out of the Vitamix as the high speed of the blender is actually cooking the curd.
- Stop the blender and transfer the curd to a storage container or jar. Refrigerate and enjoy as desired.