In trying to reduce our dependency on gluten-free grains, I have discovered that almond-flour based crackers are very easy to make. They make a tasty hearty snack just on their own, but are also nice with a slice of cheese or your choice of topping. My husband like them with tuna salad.
Gluten-Free Almond Flour Crackers
- 3 cups almond flour
- 1/4 cup flax seed meal
- 1/4 cup sesame seeds
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 to 1 teaspoon other seasonings as desired
- 3 large eggs
- 1 tablespoon olive oil or other oil
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Combine dry ingredients in a large bowl - stir to combine.
- In a small bowl, beat eggs until frothy. Stir in oil.
- Add eggs and oil to dry ingredients and stir well.
- Divide dough into 2 balls.
- Cut a sheet of parchment paper to fit a baking sheet.
- Place 1 ball of dough on the parchment paper. (If your baking sheet is flat you can do this directly on the baking sheet. One of mine is a cookie sheet with sides so I have to carefully transfer the parchment to the baking sheet after rolling,)
- Top with a second sheet of parchment paper.
- Using a rolling pin, roll out the dough to about 1/16 inch thickness. (at this point, transfer to the baking sheet if required).
- Remove the top layer of parchment. Using a pizza cutter or sharp knife, cut the dough into squares or rectangles of your desired size.
- Bake in preheated oven for about 15 to 18 minutes, until golden brown. You may turn the baking sheet halfway through baking time to ensure they bake evenly.
- Remove from oven and allow to cool for about 10 minutes before breaking crackers apart.
- Repeat with the second ball of dough.