The stew was simmering away in the slow cooker, and at the last minute I decided we needed some biscuits to go with the stew. I have made these biscuits with my gluten-free flour blend and also with Better Batter gluten-free flour blend.
Gluten-Free Cheddar Biscuits
- 2 cups gluten-free all purpose flour
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- 3 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/4 cup cold butter
- 1 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- 2 eggs room temperature
- 3/4 cup heavy cream
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees F.
- Combine flour, salt and baking powder in food processor bowl. Whirl to combine.
- Cut butter into chunks and add to food processor. Whirl to cut in, until mixture is the texture of coarse meal. Add cheese and whirl briefly to mix in.
- Add eggs and cream and whirl until mixture forms a ball.
- Place dough on a parchment sheet that has been sprinkled with gluten-free flour. Sprinkle top with flour and roll or pat out to about 3/4 inch thickness.
- Use a cookie/biscuit cutter in your desired size to cut out biscuits and place on a parchment lined baking sheet. Re-roll remaining dough and cut into biscuits.
- Bake 12 to 15 minutes until lightly browned. Serve warm, and freeze remainder for later use.