We like to treat ourselves to a big breakfast like pancakes or waffles on Saturday mornings. And I had this great recipe for fluffy buttermilk pancakes that we loved. After going gluten-free, my first few attempts at pancakes were pretty miserable, and I thought Saturday morning pancakes were a thing of the past. Then I tried my great recipe with the great all purpose flour blend – and fluffy buttermilk pancakes are once again on the Saturday morning breakfast table.
Gluten-Free Buttermilk Pancakes
- 1 1/4 cups gluten-free all purpose flour blend
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 egg room temperature
- 1 1/4 cups buttermilk
- 1/4 cup canola oil
- In medium bowl, whisk together flour, sugar, baking soda and baking powder.
- In another bowl, or 2 cup measuring cup, whisk together egg, buttermilk and oil.
- Add wet ingredients to dry and whisk together until smooth.
- Allow batter to sit for 20 to 30 minutes, to allow the flour to absorb moisture.
- Preheat your griddle or large frying pan. I use a non-stick griddle and spray it with non-stick spray.
- Drop batter (about 1/4 cup per pancake) onto hot griddle. Cook until browned on the bottom. Flip over and cook on the other side until brown.
- Serve with butter and maple syrup, or your choice of toppings.