Unbaked cheesecake type desserts are of course quite different than baked cheesecakes, light and creamy – and really good too!
Unbaked Chocolate Cheesecake
- 1/2 cup butter melted
- 2 cups chocolate wafer crumbs
- 1 package 8 oz. cream cheese, softened
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 2 large eggs separated
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 6 squares semi-sweet chocolate melted
- 1 cup whipping cream
- Combine butter and chocolate wafer crumbs. Press into the bottom and up the sides of a 9" springform pan.
- In a large mixer bowl, beat cream cheese with sugar until smooth. Beat in egg yolk and vanilla, and then the melted chocolate.
- Whip cream and fold into the chocolate mixture. Beat egg whites until stiff but not dry. Fold into the chocolate mixture. Pour over crust.
- Chill at least 4 hours before serving.