I love Spanish rice, so here is another “Spanish style” recipe, this one using pork chops. You could make this with chicken instead of pork chops, too.
Spanish Style Chops and Rice
- 1 tablespoon oil
- 1/2 teaspoon chili powder
- 2 cloves garlic crushed
- 4 pork chops 3/4 inch thick
- 1 cup long grain rice
- 1 cup chopped celery
- 1 cup chopped green pepper
- 1/2 cup chopped onion
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 2 cups tomato juice
- 1 cup water
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees F.
- Combine oil, chili powder, and garlic. Rub chops on both sides with the spiced oil mixture, and let stand for about 15 minutes.
- In an 8 cup baking dish, combine rice, celery, green pepper, onion, salt and pepper. Stir to mix it all together.
- Arrange chops on top of the rice mixture.
- Mix tomato juice and water, and pour over all.
- Cover and bake for 1 hour. (About 4 servings.)