I tried this Mexican-inspired dessert recently because I needed something quick and easy to make for an “International Potluck”. It turned out great!
Sopapilla Cheesecake Dessert
- 3 packages 8 oz/250 g each cream cheese, softened
- 1 1/2 cups white sugar
- 2 teaspoons vanilla
- 2 packages Pillsbury Crescent Rolls
- 1/2 cup melted butter
- 1/2 cup white sugar 2nd amount
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/4 cup sliced almonds
- 1/4 cup liquid honey
- Beat the cream cheese, 1 1/2 cups of sugar and vanilla until smooth.
- Unroll first package of crescent roll dough. Roll out with rolling pin to form a 9x13 inch rectangle.
- Spray a 9x13 inch pan with cooking spray and place the dough rectangle into the pan.
- Spread cream cheese over top.
- Unroll the remaining package of crescent roll dough and roll out as above. Place the second rectangle over top of the cream cheese layer.
- Drizzle melted butter evenly over top.
- Mix 1/2 cup of sugar and cinnamon. Sprinkle evenly over top of the melted butter. Sprinkle almonds over top.
- Bake at 350 degrees F. for about 45 minutes, until golden brown.
- Remove from oven and drizzle honey over top. Cool completely and cut into squares. Makes 12 servings (or more if you are taking it to a potluck).