This is one of my very favorites! It does make a very large dessert. I made this for an office gathering, and for months afterward a man from our Montreal office kept talking about it every time he came back to town. You can use frozen raspberries if fresh are not available – it will be just as good – thaw, drain and pat them dry before using.
Raspberry White Chocolate Cheesecake
- 2 cups vanilla wafer crumbs
- 1/2 cup butter melted
- 4 packages 8 oz. each cream cheese, softened
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 4 large eggs
- 2 tablespoons flour
- 1 1/2 teaspoons vanilla
- 1/4 teaspoon almond extract
- 8 squares white chocolate melted
- 2 cups fresh raspberries
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- Additional raspberries for garnish
- Combine wafers and butter. Press into the bottom and 2/3 up the sides of a 10" springform pan.
- In a large mixer bowl, beat cream cheese until fluffy. Beat in the sugar and add eggs one at a time. Gradually stir in flour, vanilla and almond extract. Slowly add melted chocolate and beat until combined.
- Toss raspberries with cornstarch. Sprinkle over the crust. Pour the cheesecake mixture over top.
- Put in oven which has been preheated to 350 degrees F. Immediately turn the oven down to 250. Bake for 1 3/4 to 2 hours, until cheesecake is set in the center.
- Let cool and then refrigerate overnight. Garnish with additional raspberries.