This is so good – like a Peanut Butter Cup! This recipe makes a large dessert, and I have made it a few times to take to functions, where it has proved extremely popular. For a better “Peanut Butter Cup” effect, I have also made it with a chocolate wafer crumbs in crust in place of graham wafers.
Peanut Butter Chocolate Cheesecake
- 1/4 cup butter melted
- 1 cup graham wafer crumbs
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 12 oz. cream cheese softened (1-8 oz., 1-4 oz. package)
- 1 1/2 cups peanut butter
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 cup whipping cream
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1/2 cup whipping cream
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 4 squares semi sweet chocolate
- 1/4 cup butter
- Combine butter, graham wafer crumbs and sugar. Press into the bottom of a 10" springform pan.
- Bake for 10 minutes at 350 degrees F.
- Cool completely before adding filling.
- In a large mixer bowl, beat cream cheese, peanut butter, and sugar until light and fluffy.
- Whip cream and fold into peanut butter mixture. Pour over cooled crust.
- Combine sugar, cream and vanilla in a saucepan. Stir to blend. Place over medium-high heat and bring to a boil. Reduce heat and simmer for 5 minutes - do not stir.
- Remove from heat and add chocolate and butter. Stir with a wooden spoon until chocolate has melted and the mixture becomes quite shiny - about 5 minutes.
- Pour over filling. Refrigerate at least 8 hours, or overnight.