Pancakes on Christmas morning was a pretty long standing tradition when we were kids. My brothers and I would make the pancakes, once we had opened all the presents. One year, when we were grown and living away from home, Stephen received a griddle as a Christmas present – the pancakes were sure good that year!
- 1 1/2 cups flour
- 3 1/2 teaspoons baking powder
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 1 egg beaten
- 1 3/4 cups milk
- 3 tablespoons melted butter
- Combine flour, baking powder, salt and sugar together in a large bowl.
- Combine egg, milk and butter. Add to the flour mixture and beat until smooth.
- Drop by large spoonfuls or 1/4 cup measure onto hot griddle.
- Cook until the top is full of bubbles, then flip and cook the other side.
- Serve with butter and syrup.