We used to have these when we were kids – they are very tasty.
O Henry Bars
- 1 cup brown sugar
- 1/2 cup butter
- 1/2 cup milk
- 1 1/2 cups graham wafer crumbs
- 1 cup chopped walnuts
- 1 cup coconut
- Whole graham wafers
- Chocolate icing
- Combine brown sugar, butter and milk in a saucepan. Bring to a boil and boil for 1 minute. Remove from heat.
- Stir in graham wafer crumbs, walnuts and coconut.
- Line the bottom of an 8 or 9 inch square pan with whole graham wafers. Spread graham wafer crumb mixture over top. Top with another layer of whole graham wafers.
- Ice with chocolate icing. Refrigerate. Cut into bars or squares.