This is an outstanding looking cheesecake – and it tastes just as good as it looks!
Marble Chocolate Cheesecake
- 1 1/4 cups chocolate wafer crumbs
- 1/4 cup melted butter
- 2 packages 8 oz. each cream cheese, softened
- 1 cup sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 tablespoon grated lemon rind
- 1/4 cup lemon juice
- 2 cups sour cream
- 4 squares semi-sweet chocolate melted
- Combine chocolate wafer crumbs and melted butter. Press into the bottom of a 9" springform pan.
- In a large mixer bowl, beat cream cheese with sugar until light. Add eggs one at a time, while beating. Stir in vanilla.
- Take 3 cups of this mixture and add lemon rind, juice, and 1 1/2 cups of the sour cream. Pour over crust.
- To the remaining cheesecake mixture add the remaining sour cream and the melted chocolate.
- Spoon the chocolate mixture over top of the lemon cheesecake mixture. Cut through it with the end of a knife to create a swirled marble effect.
- Bake at 350 degrees F. for 45 to 60 minutes. The sides should have risen but the center will still be wobbly. Turn off the oven and leave the cheesecake in it for another 30 minutes.
- Remove and let cool completely. Refrigerate at least 3 to 4 hours before serving.