You can’t get much easier than this – and yet they turn out to be a fancy and delicious little square – no one would ever guess! The graham wafers soften and get cakey during the chilling time.
- 1 can sweetened condensed milk Eagle Brand, 300ml
- 1/2 cup lemon juice
- Whole graham wafers
- Butter icing
- Add lemon juice to sweetened condensed milk. Stir until it thickens.
- Line the bottom of an 8 inch square cake pan with a single layer of graham wafers.
- Carefully pour the lemon mixture over wafer layer and spread evenly.
- Top with another layer of graham wafers. Refrigerate 12 hours or overnight. Ice with butter icing. Cut into squares.
Easy quick recipe! Great for lemon lovers and memories from my childhood. Thanks for posting it
My grandmother taught me to make these back in 1963. Simple and delicious and fond memories.