This recipe was sent to me by reader Dana Jago of Loudon, Tennessee, who writes: “My mom made these cookies at Christmas when I was a child. They were always my favorite!” I have made them many times (and not just for Christmas!) and they are now a favorite of mine too. This also makes a great plain peanut butter cookie if you make it without the kisses.
Hershey Kiss Cookies
- 2 2/3 cups flour
- 2 teaspoons baking soda
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup butter
- 2/3 cup creamy peanut butter
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 cup brown sugar firmly packed
- 2 eggs
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- Additional sugar
- 5 dozen kisses unwrapped
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F.
- In a large bowl, mix flour, salt, and baking soda. Add butter and peanut butter and mix until smooth. Add sugars and beat until light and fluffy. Add eggs and vanilla and mix until smooth.
- Make balls out of level tablespoons of dough - add flour if needed. Roll in sugar.
- Bake 2 inches apart on ungreased cookie sheet for 8 minutes.
- Remove from oven and add 1 kiss to the center of each cookie. Return to the oven and bake for 2 more minutes.
- Cool and enjoy.