Another recipe I got from Auntie Bessie. Who would think you could do this with graham wafers?
Graham Wafer Cake
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 egg beaten
- 2 tablespoons flour
- 1 1/2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 1/2 cups graham wafer crumbs
- 1 cup milk whole or 2%
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. In mixer bowl, cream together butter and sugar. Beat in egg.
- Combine flour, baking powder and graham wafer crumbs.
- Remove beaters. Add the dry ingredients, alternately with milk.
- Spread batter in a greased 8 inch square pan. Bake for 30 minutes, until top of cake springs back when touched lightly. Cool. Ice with lemon butter icing.