“Blondies” is the name given to brownie-style bars without the “brown” (i.e. chocolate). Maple and walnuts are a classic taste combination, that I have put together in this gluten-free and refined sugar free blondie recipe.
The gluten-free flour blend I use is here.
Gluten-Free Maple Walnut Blondies
- 1/2 cup butter melted
- 3/4 cup maple syrup
- 1 large egg room temperature, lightly beaten
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 cup gluten-free all purpose flour
- 1/2 cup gluten-free oat flour
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup coarsely chopped walnuts
- In a large bowl mix together butter, maple syrup, egg and vanilla.
- Add all-purpose and oat flours and salt. Stir to combine.
- Stir in walnuts. Let mixture sit for 20 minutes.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Line an 8 inch square cake pan with parchment paper. Spread batter in the pan. Bake in preheated oven for 25 to 30 minutes, until top springs back when touched.