These are different from the usual graham wafer based squares – a rich square with a yummy chocolate truffle-like filling.
Dad's Cookie Squares
- 26 Dad's Cookies
- 1/4 cup butter melted
- 2 squares semi-sweet chocolate
- 1/4 cup butter 2nd amount
- 1 1/2 cups icing confectioners' sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 2 tablespoons cream
- 1 cup chopped walnuts
- Crush the cookies in the food processor. Add melted butter and whirl to blend. Press 2/3 of the mixture into a 9 inch square pan and bake at 300 degrees F. for 5 minutes.
- Melt chocolate and the 2nd 1/4 cup of butter together. Stir in icing sugar, vanilla, and cream. Stir in walnuts. Spread over the crumb mixture.
- Sprinkle remaining crumbs over the chocolate layer.
- Refrigerate and cut into squares.