Mmmmm, I love Turtles! And Turtle cheesecake too. If you want you can top it with chocolate curls, or chocolate sauce, or whipped cream and pecans.
Chocolate Turtle Cheesecake
- 2 cups chocolate wafer crumbs
- 1/3 cup melted butter
- 1 bag 14 oz. caramels
- 2/3 cup evaporated milk
- 1 cup chopped pecans toasted
- 2 packages 8 oz. each cream cheese, softened
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 2 eggs
- 1/2 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips melted
- Combine chocolate wafer crumbs and melted butter. Press into the bottom of a 9" springform pan.
- Bake at 350 degrees F. for 10 minutes.
- In a heavy saucepan, combine caramels and evaporated milk. Heat over low heat, stirring frequently, until melted and smooth. Pour over crust. Top with pecans.
- In a large mixer bowl, beat cream cheese with sugar and vanilla until light. Add eggs one at a time, while beating. Stir in melted chocolate.
- Pour over pecans in crust. Bake at 350 degrees F. for 40 minutes. Remove and let cool completely. Refrigerate at least 3 to 4 hours before serving.