Sometimes you want chocolate cake! A lot of grain free cake recipes use almond flour, but this uses coconut flour, so it is also nut free, which is great for those who can’t tolerate nuts. You can also bake this in a cake pan, but I use muffin tins so I can use what we need and easily freeze the balance to enjoy later.
Grain Free Chocolate Cupcakes
- 90 g coconut flour
- 90 g tapioca flour
- 60 g cocoa
- 1 tbsp collagen peptides optional
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1/4 tsp sea salt
- 4 large eggs room temperature
- 1/3 cup coconut oil melted
- 2/3 cup dairy free milk
- 3/4 cup honey
- 1 tsp vanilla
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F
- Weigh out coconut flour, tapioca flour and cocoa in a bowl. Add collagen peptides if using, baking powder, baking soda and salt. Whisk to blend.
- In mixer bowl, beat eggs. Add coconut oil, milk, honey and vanilla and beat to combine.
- Add dry ingredients to the mixer bowl and beat until smooth.
- Spoon batter into greased or paper lined muffin tins. Bake in preheated oven for 25-30 minutes, until tops spring back when touched.