Another yummy cheesecake – very attractive too with the chocolate crust and topping and marble filling in between.
Bailey's Marble Cheesecake
- 1/4 cup butter melted
- 1 1/2 cups chocolate wafer crumbs
- 3 packages 8 oz. each cream cheese, softened
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 3 eggs
- 2 cups sour cream
- 1/4 cup Bailey's Irish Cream liqueur
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 6 squares semi-sweet chocolate melted
- 5 squares semi-sweet chocolate
- 1/2 cup whipping cream
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla
- Combine butter and chocolate wafer crumbs. Press into the bottom of a 10" springform pan.
- Bake for 10 minutes at 325 degrees F.
- In a large mixer bowl, beat cream cheese and sugar until light and fluffy. Add eggs one at a time while beating. Stir in sour cream, Baileys, and vanilla.
- Pour 2/3 of the cheesecake mixture over the crust. To the remaining mixture stir the melted chocolate. Spoon the chocolate mixture by large spoonfuls over the plain cheesecake mixture. Run a knife through it a few times to create a marbled effect.
- Bake at 325 degrees F. for about 1 and 1/2 hours, until the center is raised and set. Let cool to room temperature.
- Coarsely chop the chocolate. Mix with whipping cream and butter and melt (on the stove or in microwave). Stir in vanilla. Spread over top of the cheesecake.
- Refrigerate at least 6 hours, or overnight.