This is so good, one of my very favorites. It’s also easy to make and is a very attractive dessert.
- 1/2 cup butter
- 1/3 cup sugar
- 1 cup flour
- 1 package 8 oz. cream cheese
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1 egg
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 1/2 pounds apples
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/4 cup sliced almonds
- Cream butter and sugar. Add flour and mix well. Press into the bottom and half way up sides of a 9" springform pan.
- Mix cream cheese and sugar. Add egg and vanilla and blend well. Spoon over crust.
- Core, peel and thinly slice apples.
- Combine sugar and cinnamon. Sprinkle over apples and toss to coat apples on both sides.
- Arrange apples in a pinwheel fashion over the filling. Sprinkle almonds over top.
- Bake at 450 degrees F. for 10 minutes, reduce heat to 400 degrees F. and bake for 25 minutes. Cool to room temperature (3 to 4 hours) and then refrigerate until serving.